Today (August 7th, 2015), I reached 10,000 followers in Stocktwits, a social media platform designed for sharing ideas between investors, traders and entrepreneurs. This is like a dream come true as I never expected to have these many followers considering the fact that trading is my passion, not my profession. I just have no words explain my gratitude to all my follows and just want to say “Thank You” for all the laughs, shares and all the virtual fun here in Stocktwits.
I’ve learnt quiet a lot of things amidst a lot of crap that I get from folks who for one don’t believe in themselves or are losing and can’t tolerate the truth that is being said. Nonetheless, Stocktwits is a great learning platform both from a trading standpoint and also from a soft skill standpoint. Here are a few that will help.
1. Be very patient.
2. Think twice before responding to any tweet or message.
3. Be very respectful and humble.
4. Avoid emotions, opinions and predictions.
5. Think for yourself.
6. Follow your principles, your trade plan, process and risk management, not others. It will never work.
7. When learning, no question is stupid. Ask relevant questions but be humble and don’t annoy the person you are asking questions to.
8. Do not misinterpret or miscommunicate information. There is no value added by doing so.
9. Be thankful to people who share knowledge.
So far, I’ve not thought about any paid premium service but may do so eventually that will benefit many newbies. But that doesn’t mean I will stop sharing all the information, charts, trade ideas and many more in Stocktwits and Twittersphere. Never but there may be some segregation of what is being shared inside the premium service and to all others.
Last but not the least, I am what I am today in the trading world only because of one person. He is my mentor and I’m proud to be his student on any given day. Thank you Mr. Greg Harmon (@harmongreg) for everything you’ve done till date. Appreciate it sir.
Thank you everyone one. Appreciate all that you do. God bless you all.